قديم 12-14-2009, 07:42 PM
أبو معاوية البيروتي أبو معاوية البيروتي غير متواجد حالياً
عضو مميز

تاريخ التسجيل: Jan 2009
الدولة: بلاد الشام
المشاركات: 7,435
Lightbulb Fatawas for New Muslims

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

All praise is due to Allah . We praise him and seek his help and forgiveness . And I bear witness that there is no true god but Allah, alone without any partners . And I bear witness that Muhammad is his servant and messenger .

Your Brother Abu Muawya Byruty welcomes you in this Salafy Meeting Place, and I present you with These Fatawas of the Mashaiykh for New Muslims :

Q 1 : Does someone who has just embraced Islam have to change his old name to an Islamic name ?

Sheikh Ibn Baz answered :

I am informing you that there is no evidences based on the Islamic law (Quran & Sunnah) that requires one whom Allah guides to Islam to change his name, unless the meaning of which is objectionable in Islam, such as being named the worshipper (servant or slave) of a tree, animal, or human (something other than Allah ) . For instance, some Arab Christians are called Abed al-Mseeh, which means the " Slave of Christ " .

Likewise, if the name carries a negative meaning, it is better to have a name which has a more positive meaning . For instance, a name like " Huzn" which means " sorrow " or " affliction " may be changed to " Sahl " which means " ease ". However, changing a name which indicates worship other than Allah is obligatory, while changing other names is only recommended .

This second category includes names which are commonly associated with Christians, such that someone by hearing the name, would think of a Christian . In this situation, changing the name would be very appropriate .

May Allah help all of us to do what pleases Him, and may He bestow upon us and you a clear understanding of the religion and firm adherence to it, and may Allah's mercy and blessings be upon you .

( Legal Ruling of Importance to New Muslims, pg. 40-41, Dar al-Kheir, al-Riyadh )

=========================

((تابعوا فوائد متجددة على قناة التليغرام)) :

https://telegram.me/Kunnash
رد مع اقتباس